By Eilis Keady, PROFESSIONAL DOG GROOMER, in Claregalway
- Brush out your dog’s coat (making sure to take out any mats before bath). This also removes loose hair and makes grooming after washing easier.
- Do any prebath clipping as required.
- Trim toenails (be careful not to cut too close to the quick). Safer to do it little by little so you don’t hurt your dog.
- Clean ears with cotton wool not cotton buds. Cotton buds can cause serious damage if they go in too far or can push debris deep into the ear.
- Bathe your dog (brush the shampoo into the coat with a slicker brush) and towel dry well.
- Blow-dry your dog.
- Brush out your dog’s coat.
- Do any post bath clipping. (eyes, rounding the feet, shaping ears and body)
- Keep your dog clean (walking him on a leash when outside until the show).
- Don’t forget to bring unscented wipes, cloth and brushes for last minute touches before the show ring.
Best of luck! If you would like to have your groom professionally groomed before the show contact Eilis on 087-224 9292 and please follow on Facebook.
Please follow and like us: